Like any marketing tactic, brands and marketers want to understand the business case and benefits of social media marketing. After all, social media marketing takes time, resources and strategy to be successful—so you want to make sure you’re aligning your efforts with your business needs and goals. Generally speaking, social media marketing offers five core benefits:
- Increases exposure and brand awareness. Social media platforms provide your business with another online space to share and engage with your audience—outside your website or brick and mortar store, and in a place customers and prospects feel comfortable. Through both organic and paid social activities, the content you share and the discussions you host can help keep your brand top of mind or get it on new customers’ radar.
- Boosts website traffic. With the right mix of engaging content, social media can encourage your audience to click and visit your website or blog.
- Builds brand loyalty. The content, discussion and service you’re providing on your social media platforms can help build an engaged band of loyal followers.
- Provides useful audience and market insights. Social media allows you to see your customers—and competitors—in their true habitat. With just a few clicks you can learn more about the people they interact with, the types of content they share and engage with most, their favorite TV shows, and the list goes on.
- Generates leads and sales. While social media is not traditionally viewed as a conversion platform, those that build awareness, trust, loyalty, and engagement with their audiences can absolutely drive leads and sales. Furthermore, marketers can go beyond social media marketing to social media prospecting.